Sunday, February 19, 2006

you need this tool

I have one sock almost done!!!!!!!! It just needs to be cast off. I need to go read about cast-off techniques, so I can find an elastic one..... The other sock is up to a couple inches above the ankle. Barring catastrophe, I think I'm going to make it! :-)


You need this tool. :-) It is a scale. I got it in an office supply store (it was intended for postage, I think). I have used it for postage more often than anything else -- you can see if your letter has enough postage.... It is also good for weighing chemicals for dyeing your wool (that's why I bought it), and it will let you know if you have used half of your ball of yarn on the current sock.....

You clip the item you want to weigh, hold the whole works up by the circular loop, and read where the needle-thingy ends up when it quits rocking. It has grams on the other side. I think I paid about $5. Easily portable in your knitting supplies, and requires no batteries. :-)

No comments: