Sunday, February 12, 2006

Thank you, Canada!


Thank you for Stephanie, who invited us to enjoy the Olympics in a new and personal way, and thank you for broadcasting the Olympics in realtime. Those of us lucky enough to live near Canada could watch the opening ceremonies as they happened, and could begin our projects as we watched, as it really happened. Excellent. I enjoyed knowing that thousands of knitters all over the world picked up their needles and began, just as I held my needles and began....






Results of Day 2: heel time. My goal for today is to start and finish the heel on sock 1. On my practice sock, there were holes in the corners of the heel (afterthought heel). So I went back to Elizabeth Zimmermann, and noted that I had forgotten the "knit three rows *then* make a toe" part. I do think I will pick up two extra stitches in each corner in addition to the straight rows before the decreases..............

I like the "straight knitting" days better than the toe/heel days.....

This pic was taken with daylight, and yesterday's with halogen. The color is truer in this one....... Not a surprise.

No comments: