Monday, July 31, 2006

Carbon and Carbide

.

Here is my favorite building in Chicago.

The front door.....





The north facade:





This is what the side of the awning on the north facade looks like:





This detail is over the building's name on the north facade:





More details. I don't know that I love all art deco, but I love this art deco.....







This one is from higher up -- and I think it is the best for showing the color of the building. Definitely greenish.




This one was auto-smartfixed by Photoshop Elements. The color isn't as good, but the decoration is nice and sharp.





More detail near the top of the building.





One of the things I love about this building is how different it looks in different light. You can really see that in this pic which shows a shadow across part of the top.



A sunny pic, and then a hazy/rainy one.







They don't build 'em like that anymore!



In order to facilitate chronological traverse of these Chicago posts, a link to the next one is here.

.

No comments: