Saturday, November 21, 2009

November 10

.

On the 10th, I was dropped at the Institute for Social Research building so I could get a flu shot. They were giving the shots on the top (6th) floor.

An excellent view of the football stadium is to be had from the south end of the 6th floor.....

The cranes are working on the expansion of the Thompson Street parking structure. We've seen that from the ground, on previous days.....





There is a lunch room where food is sold, in the northeast corner of the 6th floor.

Wonder how much it cost to have the ... chair rails(?) ... in front of the windows carved to order.......





You can see this vignette, quite washed out, in the above.

Here I've focused on it, and the exposure is more taylored to the outdoor stuff. Love these colors.........





The red here, and above (and about the only red still in the landscape), is Bradford pears. These leaves not only are red now, as we are beginning to notice how much we crave color, but they hold their shape and color when they dry. Most leaves fade and shrivel, but Bradford pear leaves have enough substance to keep them going for months. They never shrivel, but they do fade, eventually.





Sycamore.





One of my colleagues brought these in. You know I had to have a Moon Pah while I remembered my very first one, enjoyed at the CorgiAid Polar Bear Picnic. :-)

Love the graphic design on their products...........





Looking for silver linings -- or scarlet ones. As much as I don't like it getting dark before I go home, it's nice to be up high when the sun sets........

Crow, at sunset, seen from my office window.





You may recall from my videos last year that the crows gather in their hundreds to spend the night congregated in a very few trees. I am still wondering who decides exactly which trees, each night, and who decides who gets to choose!



.

2 comments:

Gone2theDawgs said...

I LOVE that crow at sunset pic!!!

I need orange said...

Thanks! :-)

I was pleased. I never know what I'm going to get, until I see the pics on the "big screen" of the pc. So it's sort of like Christmas when I get the pics up there ... are there good ones, which ones are good, etc........... :-)