Tuesday, August 01, 2006

ATC-a-day for August with Carmi

Carmi decided to do an ATC a day for the month of August. She invited anyone who wanted to join in.

I have been doing photography almost to the exclusion of everything else, and I wanted to get back to some "hardcopy media", so I jumped on her offer.

Well. Ok. I hope these don't suck.

I came home from work, and it was over 100 heat index, and we don't have a/c. So we went out to dinner so we wouldn't have to cook. When we got home, eek, it was not only still H O T, but getting dark! I never work after dark, I just can't SEEEEEE. If I can see lines and shapes (get out the reading glasses!), I can't see the color.........................

So I sat there, sticking to the chair (ick), and magazine pages (my usual ATC medium) were rumpling before I even opened the glue, just from the humidity........

Oy.

[putting on teenager voice:] I mean, like, *totally* sub-optimal working conditions............................

And then after that, there was blogger-wrestling to try to get the images up......

Ok. Enough excuses.

My usual ATC's are extremely edited images from magazines. One (1) piece of paper. I think I misunderstood copyright when I started doing this -- I thought I owned *that copy* of the image and could do whatever I wanted with *that one copy*. Not make any copies of it, but just use that one copy. I now think that if the image is recognizeable as someone else's work, it's not ok. I'm not throwing out my binder of work, but I'm not showing them anywhere, nor am I trading them.....

I hope this next one is edited down enough that it is no longer recognizeable -- I include this as example of my "usual ATC" (and because it's really HOT -- though, I bet, fire is a *dry* heat, unlike Michigan's heat, which is not).

(I've been photoshopping everything -- I would so remove that thing that looks like a string that is horizontal across the branch, if the photo were the final product here. But if the photo is supposed to look like the original, well, I'm stuck with it.)






















Ok. Intro over.

I am pretty sure the following are Just Fine, copyright-wise.

I wanted to use orange, not only because I love it, but because it is so flipping hot here. Also -- I really like contrast................

Note that I have doubled my usual number of pieces of paper, *and* I have ripped the paper (unheard of, all my other ATCs have rectangular edges, only, even the ones that have multiple pieces of paper).

I hope these photos are reasonably representational. I used incandescent light, not daylight, and I had to stand at a funny angle to avoid glare, so then I had to try to square them back up, and the dimensions weren't quite right.....

























No comments: