Tuesday, August 01, 2006

leaving Chicago

.

Before I am finished with Chicago, I will show you some random parting images.

I took several pics of the "corncob" apartments. The lower sections are where the residents park their cars. I found it amusing to look at the rear ends of so many cars, all neatly arranged.........





Something else amusing -- flying buttresses, well, flying, way up in the sky.

Note also the lake, visible from our friend's 35th floor hotel room. At least this month. There is so much construction, it may not be visible next month.





A close-up -- lion on the old public library building.





More flowers-in-planters.



More leaves, plant in a planter.





Another shot of the Cloud Gate. This sort of sums up my Chicago experience. Excellent things to see, excellent buildings to look at, many many pics taken. (Your faithful renderer pretty much in the center of this image.)





This is the last pic I took in Chicago. Go there. Spend a week or more. I was only able to scratch the surface in these few days.



.

No comments: