Monday, November 12, 2018

November 4, 2018

.

The leaves were starting to come down on November 4.  The streets, under trees, were carpeted with leaves.



Lots of leaves on the sidewalk, too.  Crunching through the leaves; stopping at the end to pick up trash.....




Savoring some individuals. 

Japanese maple.



"Regular" (but *large*) maple, with the same leaf as above.




Another Japanese maple.  I don't remember seeing a pale yellow Japanese maple before.  (All the leaves I saw from this tree were this color.)  I prefer the scarlet of the previous one.



Love these colors........



This is the biggest maple leaf I've seen this year (maybe ever).





Three of the leaves we've already looked at, with my size 8.5 shoe for scale.  That is a BIG maple leaf.........



Yet another maple.  I think this one is a swamp maple.



I really don't know what this is.  The substance and color make me think it's an oak, but it's so skinny....  (I tried uploading an image to Google, to see what it thought, and its best guess was that it's a moth.  NOPE.....................  *Pretty* sure I can tell a leaf from a moth, particularly after I've picked it up!)



Oak.



Here's that brilliant maple leaf again, taped to the fridge.



.

No comments: