Wednesday, November 14, 2018

November 6, 2018

.

In the morning, on November 6, I was reading the Daily Kos Good News, which I can't recommend too highly for any Democrat who needs a spirit boost.  If you google kos good news, you'll find it.

In the roundup for Nov. 6, someone linked in a video of a rock band playing "We Can be Heroes."  (I think that's the right name....)  It goes "We can be heroes, for just one day..."

I posted this to Instagram on the morning of Nov. 6:

---------

If we can be heroes for just one day, let it be today. Let’s get out there and save our democracy.

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ 🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊 πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ πŸ’™πŸŒŸπŸ’™πŸŒŸπŸ’™


---------



What to wear, when going to vote on November 6, 2018?

Blue Wave Socks, of course.  :-)  These socks have Hokusai's blue wave.



It was busy when we got to our polling place at about 11:30, but when we left at ten after noon, there was no line at all.  That was disconcerting...........  Where was everyone?



We walked to and from the jr. high where we vote.

Bright shrub.  I have a sense I ought to know what this is, but I'm not coming up with a name.




I picked up trash on the way home..............................



We went to Zingerman's Bakehouse for lunch.  It was a wet day.  Not pouring, but not not precipitating.  Drizzly, with some sprinkles.

The Bakehouse refurbished its outdoor eating area this summer, and put down this gray-on-gray patio.  A Japanese maple was planted.  Don't these leaves look great on this patio?

Self-portrait, with maple leaves.





Email to me from PostcardsToVoters.org on Election Evening -- thatsa lotta postcards!  Pleased to have been one of the writers of same.  DOING SOMETHING helped me feel, well, like I was doing something!



Closeup of the people supported by PostcardsToVoters.  I put stars next to the names of people I wrote for. 
I don't do facebook, but there is content on facebook that we facebook-rejecters can see, including at least part of what is on the PostcardsToVoters site.  They have an audio thank-you note from Adrienne Bell, and a video thank-you from Aftab Pureval.  :-)

I don't know how many votes we flipped into the blue column, but I am very pleased that at least some of these candidates knew we were writing.  I am pleased to know that we boosted their spirits by supporting them from all over the country.

Aftab said he knew we were writing, because he got a card from us.  :-)



Some of these people were really strong candidates who did not succeed.  This time. 

I surely hope we will hear from most of them in the future!

(As I write this on November 12, not all the votes have been counted for at least a handful of the candidates on this list.  I hadn't realized how many races would not be finished for days or weeks after election day!  Hoping that all the Democrats who are waiting for results are victorious despite ongoing despicable activity that is intended to subvert the process!)

.

No comments: