Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Too much writing yesterday and not enough knitting! I added a few more stripes to sock2. And today I had to work -- nothing like working to put a crimp in your knitting time!

I will try to put up a pic tonight, that will show yesterday's and today's progress on sock2 (I did do some knitting at lunch time, and will have time tonight, I expect).

I had a weird experience with this yarn. I bought it before Christmas, and didn't really have a plan for it, so it stayed in the bag.

I bought it well before the idea for the Knitting Olympics was published.

The weirdness was that I completely forgot what it looked like. I remembered that the little speckled places were green and white, but I completely forgot what the other colors were. I thought there was orange..... Maybe some hot pink. Turquoise.

I was very disappointed to get it out of the bag and see the blue and red.... Primary colors???? WHERE did that come from????? What happened to the ORANGE????? :-) Who bought this, anyway, and how did it get into my house????

Now the colors are growing on me -- for this project, the Olympic colors are so appropriate, and there are even little white "snowflakes" in the green..... :-)

And now for something else weird -- the waitress at lunch offered to buy them. She asked me if I ever sold them, and I said "no." Then she asked if I would ever *consider* selling them. !! I said they were my first socks, and I was not selling them. We didn't get into how if I were selling them they'd be $150 or something......

Sell my Olympic socks? Not. Even if they weren't my first socks. But it's flattering that she liked them that much. Even after I told her the yarn was doing all the (color change) work.............


No comments: