Sunday, May 14, 2006

fleece envy

So I've been reading about everyone's trips to Maryland Sheep&Wool, and drooling over all the cool stuff everyone bought. And I've been having a serious fleece lust. I love the smell of fleece, I love to handle it, I love to wash it. As I have pillowcases full of clean fleece, I've been resolutely not buying any fleece. My local spinning group has wonderful sales in the spring and fall, with dozens of lovely fleeces, and I've been resisting, resisting..... Then I asked if anyone would be willing to sell me just a pound of fleece (a whole fleece is several pounds, from ~3 for a very small fleece to over 10 pounds for a very large one). Someone was willing, I got it from her yesterday.

Here is part of it, nice and clean. This is Romney fleece.

No comments: