Tuesday, August 01, 2006

foodie postcard swap

Ok, I'm not really a foodie, but I have aspirations.....

I joined Meeta's Blogger Postcards from Around the World swap.

Thanks for organizing this, Meeta! I'm enjoying seeing all the cards on people's blogs!

Here is the postcard I mailed today. We have lots of aspens and birches growing in the sandy soil of the upper part of Michigan's lower peninsula.

(If you look at a map of the USA, Michigan's lower peninsula is the mitten shape, surrounded by enormous lakes, at the northern edge of the country. If you ask a Michigander where something in Michigan is located, she will hold up her flat hand and point to part of it -- "Torch Lake is over here, by the tip of the little finger" for example.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous postcard! I love Michigan and want to visit UP.

Anonymous said...

How very interesting! Love your card!

Paz

Meeta K. Wolff said...

Michigan? I was there in May on my trip to the US! Too bad we did not get together earlier! Thank you so much for taking part and yeah isn't it an added benefit to visit all the blogs and see the virtual postcards too! Well I am hoping we'll get another rush when everyone else gets theirs!!

I need orange said...

Tanna and Paz -- your own photos! Maybe I'll be that together some day. I like your pics!

Meeta, which part of Michigan did you vesit? It's too we weren't aware of each other then!

K and S said...

beautiful!

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful painting - my god, I wonder how long it took to paint all those little dots in, one by one?