Thursday, April 26, 2007

ATC swap

Cloth, Paper, Scissors hosted an ATC swap at the Chicago quilt show.

I wondered how it would work -- what if you wanted to trade with someone who didn't really want one of your cards?

It was set up in an excellent way. There was a big section of wall, covered with carpet. The person helping us handed out stick-on velcro circles. We stuck the velcro on the back of our card(s), and then stuck the cards to the wall. We could take as many cards as we brought to exchange, up to 5.

I didn't have a set ready that were particularly collage-y.

These are my original photographs (except for the zebra, all taken in Chicago -- how apropos), and I did photoshop them all..... So even though not a lot was done with the physical media, I did work on them..........

I dithered about even taking them (not right for this trade?????), and then decided that the worst thing that could happen was that no one would want to trade (that was before I knew about the wall).

The bottom row were the ones I put on the wall, and the top row I took just in case I wanted extras for some reason. I was glad to have the extras -- I handed a couple of them out like business cards.

They did not go like hotcakes. The last time I looked at the wall, two (three?) were still there. My buddy K told me she thought they were commercial photos I had cut out and put on there. Maybe that's what other people thought, too. Ah well.



















Here's what I took in trade. (The stick-on velcro bits came right off, with the exception of hand-made paper, and, oddly enough, the "cellophane" envelope one of them came in -- the stick-on would NOT come off that........)



















Top left, Susan Gafford. Top right, Evalyn Gust.

Bottom left, Belinda Spiwak, Bottom center, Lori Hennig. Bottom right, Jill Booker.


Thank you, all, very much!

2 comments:

734elizabeths said...

If no one took the ferris wheel one, can I have it? I'll make a card specially for you in exchange....

I need orange said...

I left them there.

But I would be glad to make you one just like it.... :-)

One of the glories of photography -- there's more where that one came from. :-)