Friday, February 01, 2008

Polar Bear Picnic, again

.

Here are a few more pics from the picnic. I realized that my regular readers wouldn't have seen pics of the auction items, so here is a very small taste.

Note red plaid coat in foreground. That came home with us. Wilbur is always cold, and I wondered if he might like a coat. He loves it. When I ask him if he wants it on, he comes wagging.... It is a bit tight. I need to do some rearranging. But he loves it, even as it is.

Also note the corgi punch-needle embroidery on the other side of the table (right behind the plastic bag with the utility scent articles). The embroidered pieces were amazing. The woman who made them said she was learning that technique -- I can't wait to see what she does when she thinks she is comfortable with it. She did a fabulous job with these. So many textures, in addition to the different colors. I admit it, one of these came home with us, too.





Turning slightly to my left, and focusing on the next table inside the tent:





I was aware of only one item which was hotly contested at the very end.

It was like Sotheby's or Christie's -- the phone bidders were going higher and higher, back and forth.....

I like the way just the pen is blurry in this image.







A photo of a photo of the corgi queen who inspired this last-minute rush.





In order to facilitate chronological traverse of these Tennessee Polar Bear Picnic trip posts, a link to the next one is here.

.

No comments: