Wednesday, August 20, 2008

August 14, walking home

.

Leslie, here's another one for you.





I probably should have tried getting a pic of what's inside, but I didn't try (thinking there was no way the result would be intelligible).





I wish everything on my way home could be as pleasant and interesting as the fairy doors.

No, alas.

Look at the idjit blocking the intersection. You can see the light is green for Washington, *not* for Main, so what is that black suv doing in the middle of the intersection?

Does it really take *that* many brain cells to think ahead 45 seconds? As I walked along Main, on the 14th, I saw one idjit who blocked an intersection through *two* light changes. Sheesh. Where are the cops? Writing big tickets?

Feh.





Here's something I find equally baffling, though less annoying. I mean, it's annoying, to a pedestrian, to have the sidewalks all clogged with tables, but not as annoying as the maroons blocking the intersections..........


Would you want to sit 8" from a parked car to eat your lovely cloth-napkin restaurant dinner?

I mean, ok, better a parked car than a moving stream of traffic (or a sitting-still-because-of-the-blocked-intersection line of cars!), but sheesh. When you could sit inside where it is quiet and no yellowjackets, no blowing dirt, no passers-by looking right at your food, and no vehicle exhaust?

I don't understand it, but sitting outside on the sidewalk to eat is verrrry popular.



Ok.

That's been more than a gracious plenty of icky stuff on the 14th.

No more.

At least, if you had chosen the table above, the car would have been orange!


This planter is part of the landscaping at the big Huron/Ashley/Washington/First parking lot.





You've been paying attention; you know pastels are not my thing.

I am really glad I stopped and looked at these pastel peachy flowers.





Mmmmm.





Ooooh. Loving the starburst/fireworksy effect!





Fancy grass, in the same planter.



.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so funny!
I clicked on the picture straight off, because I am a teddy bear stuffed animal nut, and as I was looking at all the sqeeeezable critters, I noticed the fairy door.
I backed out of the picture, and read my name right at the start of the post.
Hi, Orange! How nice of you to photograph that!
Aren't those doors the cleverest bit of fancy ever conceived?

I need orange said...

:-) That is funny. :-)

You are welcome -- Peaceable Kingdom is one of my favorite stores..... :-)

I love the fairy doors.

I've thought of making one for our house, but don't know if I will. So many ideas, so little time.......