Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Feb 4

.

Goodness. I'm not sure I've ever seen a redder morning sky, looking out my windows.





A couple of hours later, the hydrangea in front of the library.





The same daylily-pod skeletons we saw before. The black inside the bottoms is seeds....





Here's what a dried-but-not-skeletonized pod looks like.





Looking down at the two skeletons.





Having crossed William, we are looking south on Fifth Ave.





Looking back whence we came. Aren't you glad I generally spare you the pot holes and the great honking enormous generators? The daylilies above are right on the other side of the generator.





We saw these penguins decorated for Christmas.





This ginkgo leaf was on the floor in the hallway of my office building. I moved it to the brick windowsill in a conference room.



.

2 comments:

jennifer black said...

Love the taupes and ecrus. And that Valentine's house. Very cute.

I need orange said...

I like the taupes and ecrus, too.

Lots of people decorate for Christmas, but not so many for Valentine's Day.... :-)

I don't remember this house being this way before. Perhaps it has new occupants........... :-)