Friday, July 22, 2011

July 17

.

I'm glad to have the sort of "journalistic" pics I showed you yesterday. Blurry, but I can tell what's happening and I want to remember the story. The best I could get, under the circumstances.

But I gotta tell you, it makes me happy to see this nice crisp pic!  (as always, click on a pic to embiggen)



Don't bother trying to tell me the dinosaurs' descendants don't walk the earth today!

Can you see the tufts?  Over its eyes.  Awwwwwww.

This baby's head is as big as the eggs were.  Two weeks ago.  Good gracious but birds grow fast!

That's a lot of bugs!



Our lovely highs-in-the-70s days are gone. Alas.

Everyone is too warm, including baby birds.

This face makes me think of Calvin, when he is offered something he doesn't want to eat.....



It has been way too hot to walk, during the day.

Wilbur doesn't like the heat, and has been very droopy unless allowed to poke and dawdle and sniff every blade of grass for 2 or 3 minutes.

I've been walking him around the block (which takes 15-20 min!) and then walking me for a mile (which takes just over 20 min!)

One yard on my regular path has a ton of these lilies.  It's about halfway through my mile loop, and is at the top of the most significant hill.  On the 17th, I stopped a moment to enjoy the lilies.   They smell wonderful. 

I was surprised there was enough light to catch their pic.  It was getting dark..........


 Low light makes it very hard to get sharp pics, especially closeups.  I was pleased these two shots came out as well as they did.

.

No comments: