Sunday, July 24, 2011

July 19

.

On the way home, after work.

Love this daylily -- the paler middle of the longer petals, with the paler part edged in darker yellow? Mmmm.



This was a different image. I cropped it, and then liked the one curve formed by the two larger petals on the left. I selected the yellow, then inverted the selection, and darkened and blurred the background.

Not sure if it's over-worked or if I like it........



It's that time again.  The time when parking, bathrooms, and water are in short supply in downtown Ann Arbor.



The time when tent-lined streets are pedestrian-only.



The time when Ann Arbor's beautiful old store fronts go unnoticed.






Still too hot outside.  Home, now.

I must have had the wrong focus setting on the camera.  Alas.  I wish this one were sharp.  Love the purple edges on its beak!

UPDATE, 7-24-11 -- there were berry stains under the nest.  As this is the only time I spotted a purple beak, I bet the parents were feeding mulberries to the babies.  Perhaps that's a way to help keep them hydrated in all this heat..........

They are SO much bigger than just a few days ago!



Way too hot to cook.  We tried a new restaurant.  It was ok.  It has roses outside its front door.





Same rose as the above.  I liked both images.......



Nice sky!  (Still toooooo hot.)

.

No comments: