Wednesday, July 13, 2011

July 6

.

Planter in front of Bank of Ann Arbor.

Petunias.



Petunias and sweet-potato vine.



Leftovers from a blooming linden tree, in the gutter.



A hot blue day.



Daylilies, in sun and shade.



Golden rain tree.



Living up to its name.



Closeup of flower cluster.  These are little flowers -- closer to half an inch than to an inch across.



Smoke tree.



Fancy daylilies.




I took the next pic from 4th Ave, where the city bus terminal is.  A bus driver, approaching a red light, noticed I was taking pics, and stopped her bus so she wouldn't block my view.  Very thoughtful!

Hot blue day, with cranes.  That's the library, with Tower Plaza behind it.



This next batch of images are from the fence surrounding Mark's Carts, which is adjacent to Downtown Home and Garden.

I don't think any of these will survive winter in Ann Arbor, but aren't they excellent?

I have no idea what this is.  It's big.  Several inches across.



Nor this (also big -- 5-6" across).

You know how I feel about this harsh late-afternoon light.  But sometimes..... Sometimes it is wonderful.  Love what it does for the center of the flower, with the yellow back-lit, and love the way it showcases the buds.....



Same thing, with no backlight..........



Hibiscus.



This garden has big-leafy stuff, as well as big-flowery stuff....



I think this is the same kind of leaf as above.  But maybe not -- the reds, the purples?




Bougainvillea.



Passionflower.

.

4 comments:

Lorraina said...

Beautiful flowers and lots of interesting pics as you always do!
I've been growing more and more behind my blog reading but caught up with yours now and loved all the gorgeous flowers you've shown and blogged. I'm still posting a new art pic every day but might give it up in a couple weeks.I've been consumed with the Casey Anthony trial for so long and still blogging 'bout that. Prior to that i was all about hockey which also ended in disappointment! Don't know if you've clicked on it
http://giveyouapieceofmymind.blogspot.com the link to my art is there too.Lot's of simple newspaper and magazine collage done while watching/listening to the trial.

I need orange said...

Thanks!

Glad to know you are ok! I will look at your collage.

I really have no interest in either Casey Anthony or hockey..... :-)

Val said...

love the sun-and-shade lilies :)

v

I need orange said...

Thanks!

That was one of those "just take the pic!" moments. I wasn't sure if I'd like it, but I, too, am taken with it. :-)