Thursday, February 09, 2012

February 6

.

I began the 6th at the dentist's office. We had our usual 2-cars-3-people issue, so I was dropped off a bit early for my appointment.

I got a good report on the state of my teeth/mouth.

These roses were delivered while I was chatting with the friendly front-office person after my checkup.



Walking back toward downtown, I spotted this squirrel.  I believe this is a melanistic fox squirrel. When I looked up "melanistic squirrel," WikiPedia only wanted to talk about gray squirrels.  But since I never see gray squirrels around here (fox squirrels, red squirrels, ground squirrels, yes; gray squirrels, no), I'm betting this is a fox squirrel.

I did see that melanistic fox squirrels are seen in the south.  Maybe this is another sign of global warming.....



I stopped in at work on my way  home from the dentist.  The day after my last day of work I received an excel spreadsheet in email, marked RUSH, that wanted me to state when I turned in my p-card (University credit card), and when I'd reconciled all the expenses on said p-card, etc, etc.  As I never had a p-card, essentially nothing on the form applied to me.  But I dutifully filled it out anyway, and left it on my ex-supervisor's desk.

Then I went out to lunch with one of my lunch buddies.  Just like usual (only not on Mondays!).

After I got home, I walked Willard.

Mid-day shadows.

.

No comments: