Tuesday, January 22, 2013

adieu, Model Thinking

.

I guess I'm officially done with Model Thinking.  I happened to be poking around in my Coursera account yesterday, and I discovered that my certificate of completion has been available for me to download since Dec. 26.  (Don't you think it's weird that no one told me it was there?  I do.....)

I was pleased to see that 94%!  The class was pass/fail, with the cutoff at 70%.  I knew I was comfortably above 70%, so I didn't really pay attention to my cumulative score.   I would have guessed I was in the mid-80s.  Ish.

(as always, click on an image to see a larger version)



Not bad, for an old retired person who couldn't remember algebra!

Yay.




As an aside, I think I can tell why it took so long for them to make our certificates available.  Wanna guess?


First, a little Mission Impossible, to set the scene.......

At the bottom of the certificate, there is a whole paragraph, which, summarized, states that the University of Michigan disavows any knowledge of Coursera's actions, including any "classes" provided by Coursera, and does not grant any anything to anyone who might take any of said "classes."

I suppose, in these litigious days (and this litigious country!), I can see why that's necessary, but ... sheesh.

.

No comments: