Saturday, January 05, 2013

Thinking Again

.

Yesterday I decided to give Think Again another shot.  I'm in Week Three (Week Seven started yesterday, so I am way behind).

Week Three is extremely lecture-heavy.  I listened to almost an hour of lectures yesterday, of about three hours of lecture for this week.

I did all four sets of exercises for the first three videos in Week Three, and the one point I lost was a stupid error (checking something when I meant to check something else), so I guess I'm doing ok.

I think there is a lot of valuable info in this class, and I didn't want to throw out the baby with the bathwater........

This morning I listened to the fourth video, and missed a point on the exercises when he gave us something more complicated to do than had yet been demonstrated.

The exercises are not graded.  I appreciate the ability to gauge how I'm doing by what happens with the exercises........

So far I  haven't done anything I've been graded on for this class.  The first quiz is at the end of Week Three..........



As you might guess, a lot of classes are starting up on Coursera just now.  I urge you to have a look at their offerings -- so many different sorts of information, all available to all of us..........  Excellent.

.


No comments: