Wednesday, January 09, 2013

thinking..................

.

UPDATE:  1/10/12 -- I wrote about this in one of the fora, and was kindly informed that the one is about propositional connectives, and the other is about truth-functional connectives.  Hmm.  I completely missed the distinction, and, you know what?  I don't care.  This class is WAY more about tricky picky wording than it's about anything I care about................................

-----------------------

OK. Think Again is driving me crazy again........................ I just took exercise 4-2, and I've got an issue.

Here is my feedback (click on any image to embiggen):


Notice I am marked wrong in the image above for saying "it is possible that" is a propositional connective.

My notes clearly show "it is possible that" IS a propositional connective. I have spent WAY too long, today, listening to lecture 4-2 today, over and over -- and I have FINALLY found where we are told "it is possible that" is a propositional connective -- in an in-lecture question's explanation!



Sheesh! IS it, or ISN'T it? Pick one!

I have spent WAY too much time sanity-checking this..... At least I am vindicated -- my notes are a correct reflection of the material presented. Too bad my exercise score doesn't reflect my correct recitation of what I was told!

I am a hair's breadth from dropping this class.

Good grief.


.

No comments: