Sunday, February 17, 2013

February 14

.

We went to a concert by the King's Singers.

They are amazing.  Fabulous.  It was good to hear them in a biggish space with what I bet are good acoustics.

It is unfortunate that space is a church, with hard uncomfortable wooden pews, and bad sight lines........

The concert was almost all serious music, which is too much unfamiliar music for this non-concert-goer's taste.

At the very end they did some pieces that were more fun.  I actually thought the harmonies were better balanced with the modern, fun, pieces than some of the serious church music (where one part seemed to me to be too strong).

I am glad to have heard them sing, in person!

I wish they'd offered us more of this sort of fare:




.

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

This is definitely a concert I would have loved. They really are terrific.

Thanks so much for your kind comments on The Marmelade Gypsy!

I need orange said...

I love close harmony.......... :-)

You are most welcome.

Thanks for the visit and the comment!