Friday, June 21, 2013

June 21

.

My rose.  One of the few plants left over from the excellent gardener who lived here before us.

I'm not thrilled about thorny things, and I won't fuss over things (or spray them with poison).

This rose blooms every year, with no care at all.  I cut off the dead branches, occasionally, and that's it.  Otherwise, it takes care of itself.

You know I love the color(s)!




I finished the Jane Jeffery mystery I was reading, and scrounged through the house for a paperback....  I'd thought of Anne of Green Gables, and when I happened across this, I was happy.

Burt, Anne of the Island, and the first excellent orange leaf of the year.




Geranium.



Burt and I have finished his walk.  I have put him in the house, and now I am walking me.  Stopping out in front to take some tulip-tree flowers in closeup.




The neighbor's pond.  There are still two bullfrogs.  When we talked to the neighbor about the frogs, he said he always gets a male and a female (from a Chinese food store!), and that you can tell the male because his external ear is much bigger.  Given that, I'm guessing the male is on the right.


.

No comments: