Sunday, June 23, 2013

June 23

.

It was too hot for comfort on the 23rd.  80s and humid.  We decided while walking our mile loop that we would go downtown and eat, so we didn't have to make anything (and heat up the house even more).  We decided to walk.....

We ate at Sabor Latino.  I had roasted vegetable fajitas, which were pretty good, though greasy.  My better half had a burrito (which came with French fries....).

On our way home, we saw this little guy.

When there first were red squirrels in our neighborhood (maybe 10 years ago?  15?), they were verrrrrry skittish.  You never, ever, saw them sitting still.  They were always on the move, and they always moved fast.

Now you sometimes see them sitting still, but they usually move as soon as they are sure you are paying attention to them.

Not this one.  I don't know what it was doing, but it was determined.

Unfortunately, I bet I had the camera on "macro" -- all of the pics I took of it are blurry.....



When it wasn't assessing the threat level, it was doing ... whatever it is doing in the image below.

Note that the above two images are a good example of how much you can change your pic by moving.  The difference in background between the two shots above is simply me moving about a yard to my right.



Walking on up Washington Street.  Smoke bush.



This little front yard has a LOT of lavender.





This yard has a LOT of orange lilies.  (This is also the place I find those excellent iris with the purple-and-white tiger-striped falls.)

The gardener, who had just watered them, said that all of these lilies are the offspring of one pot (three stems) of lilies, bought several years ago.  They obviously LOVE it here!





.

No comments: