Friday, July 05, 2013

June 26

.

On my way to yoga.  A glory of orange lilies.




A beautiful sky over West Park.



These grassy plants have been in this pond since the beginning of the pond (two years ago), but this is the first time I've noticed water lilies (near the rock, at right), or that arrow-head stuff.



There were a lot of these big dragonflies over the pond on the 26th.  Their upper bodies and wings were black, and their lower bodies (white in this image) were electric blue.



I turned to look at these ducks, and saw a muskrat!  I think maybe I've seen a muskrat once before in my whole life.....  I wonder how it got here (West Park is not that close to other "wetland" areas.....), and I wonder if it can survive.  But then -- I would not have predicted that ducks could be raised here, and I think they can......



This mama had three babies on the 26th.  I don't know if she's the mama who had eight, a few weeks ago, or the mama who had three, a few weeks ago......




The young ones are working hard on their adult plumage, but you can still see fuzzy bits.




Lily stem.



Bachelor button.



Sweet peas.


.

No comments: