Tuesday, July 09, 2013

June 29, part 2

.

Still in the garden at the end of my old block.

If you designed a lily in Photoshop I don't think you could do a more excellent job of selecting the colors!  Orangey-red flowers, with chartreuse buds (blending toward orangey-red as they open), orange anthers with chartreuse centers, against all that green foliage?  Wow.





I don't remember so many different lilies here in past years.  It's clear this gardener does not rest on her laurels!



Lilies and primroses.






Cleome and zinnia bud.  (Nice to have this against a nice plain driveway, so we can see all the naughty bits!)

Tearing myself away..................



It's not a surprise, given all the rain we've had, that there are lots of mushrooms to be seen.  I don't think I'd ever seen this kind before.  As you can tell from the size of the blades of grass, these were tiny.  Translucent, bendy stems, caramel-colored caps....  The caps were well under an inch long.




I think this is the most beautiful vegetable garden I've ever seen.  This gardener, too, does a beautiful job every year.




I had to take a pic of these, given the other mushrooms I saw on the 29th.  Especially as they must have caramel color (inside).



This isn't my choice for eating, but how beautiful!



This is something I would love to eat.  Mmmmmmm.



.

No comments: