Monday, October 07, 2013

back to the vet....

.

Bert's been off his antibiotics for about a week, and a few days ago he started acting like the inside of his mouth felt weird.  Last night I decided the side of his mouth that had the abscessed tooth was swollen again........

This morning we went back to the vet.  He was adamant that no one would look at it, but she got a glimpse (despite his screaming.....).  She thinks it's not healing as quickly as we'd like, and put him back on amoxycillin (antibiotic) and carprofen (nsaid).  She thinks it will heal just fine, though not as fast as we wish it would.

I think he was more upset about missing his breakfast (in case they needed to sedate him, I didn't feed him) than about how his mouth was feeling, before we went to the vet.  He's been very active and upbeat (it's cooler outside, and he loves that).  This morning when I put my shoes on to take him out, he was running back and forth (and back and forth!) in excitement.

We tell him how decrepit he is (NOT!), and this morning he was even more decrepit (**NOT**) than usual...........

Hoping that the drugs (and his generally-healthy constitution) will get him over this, soon.

.

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

I'm behind reading posts but sorry to hear Bert is back at the vet. By now I hope he is home. And well. Sure liked the Bradford Pear leaf photo.

I'd love to get together. Not sure how to connect, though you can email jeanie@wkar.org (I still have my old address). I MAY be going through A2 next Thursday on the way to Cleveland. We might be able to connect at lunch or late morning tea/coffee (if my trip is a go). Let's touch base.

And so far, I'm not bored yet and you know, I'm with you -- I don't get those people who are bored! I don't have enough time! HA!