Wednesday, October 30, 2013

October 20

.

On the 20th, my daughter suggested we go over to Leslie Park and walk in the woods.  We had never done that before.

It was another nice sunny day.





Shady in the woods, with shafts of sunlight here and there.  Mostly green, with bits of red and yellow.



Sumac.



Lots of interesting dry leaves and seed heads.  I may need to carry a manilla folder on walks like this, so I have a plain background to put behind leaves that have curled interestingly.....

This one was rough, and even eyeballing it I could tell the white bits were the sticking-out bits.



A closer look.....

I found some green leaves from this same sort of plant, and it won't surprise you to hear that they are rough to the touch, too.



Young oak.



Path.



Virginia creeper.



I think I ought to know what this is.  If I were in town I'd guess amelanchier (service berry).



Sumac again -- berries.



Closer.

It's good to do something different.  I enjoyed our walk in the woods.



Back in the 'hood, walking the dog.



I didn't realize I was in the pic, too.


.

No comments: