Saturday, October 05, 2013

September 29

.

The garden at the end of my old block.  I think the structures in the lower right are lily seedpods.

An interesting variety of leaves in this shot.



Petunias in the sunshine.



Cool gourds at the farmers' market.




I've talked before about the golfer whacking wiffle balls against the house.  You never know where they'll end up.  Balanced on a plant is unusual.....



When I took the pic I could see that there was spider web here, contributing to the ball's ability to stay put in this location.  I'm surprised it doesn't show up in this image.

Last week we saw a squirrel carrying one of these balls around, and doing a bit of digging, as though preparing to bury it.  This week we imagine a spider with the biggest catch evar!



Walking.  Rose, facing into the strong late-afternoon sun.




Jane, with today's leaf.  Purple is not a usual color for autumn leaves, in these parts.  It looks good with orange and gold.



Leaf, on the back stoop.



Same as above, with fresco filter.  I like this more dramatic version even better than the prev.


.

No comments: