Saturday, November 02, 2013

October 24

.

A bright blue moment on a chilly day.



Walking to yoga.



In front of the Ann Arbor School of Yoga.  Lantana. 



I don't remember seeing these inky black berries on lantana before.



Hmmm.  Look at the interesting ball thing the berries are growing from..........




In another part of the original image -- a younger ball thing, with new berries that aren't black yet.......



Here's a crop that shows both.  I bet the one in the upper right is relatively new, and the one in the lower left is much riper.



Another look at some lantana flowers, with more green berries.  I expect that the little flowers are growing from those ball things, and all of those marks on the balls are scars where the flowers used to be.  I'll have to take a closer look, next time I'm there, and see if I can tell..........



These lantanas are small, compared to some I've seen.



A dahlia in the same garden.


.

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

These are unbelievably fabulous photos! Oh, and that book in the other post? It looks very good. Isn't it wonderful to finally find one that resonates?

I need orange said...

[blush] Thank you! The season makes it easier.................

Yes, so nice to find a good one, after a lot of dreck. I know I'm very picky, but still. It's amazing what kind of stuff gets itself published........

Too bad Ms. Brockmole doesn't have anything else out (yet?). I hope she's working on another book!