Tuesday, September 16, 2014

September 4

.

Walking downtown for lunch with my buddy K.

Here is the hibiscus I was afraid had died in last winter's severe cold.  Not dead.  Going strong!



Lots of ducks in the pond at West Park.



Nine in this picture.  I think this is one mama and her eight babies.

I saw another batch of eight ducks, which, I think, were another mama and her seven babies.  There were also three more apparently-adult ducks, which, I bet, were the other mama and her two nearly-grown-up babies. 



Twenty ducks!  In one not-so-big pond!  I think this is one of the almost-grown-up ducks.  But I could be wrong.




And one goose.  There are Canada geese everywhere, around Ann Arbor, but this is the first time I've ever seen one at West Park.  I like the ripply reflections.......



A different planting of orange coneflowers.  These are not the same ones we've looked at before.



Posteredged.  And UNhelpfully lightened by Blogger.  Sigh.



Sad about this -- Blogger has really screwed it up by lightening it up.........  Sigh.



This one has been lightened, too.  Sigh and argh.



This one has probably been screwed with, too, but I don't notice it.

Phlox.



Same phlox, different angle.



Didn't see this little gal/guy until I got this on the big screen.


Now that I know it's there, I see it in that first pic of this phlox, too........

.

No comments: