Thursday, October 23, 2014

October 17

.

Looking out the front windows.

Maple.



Maples.  We have looked at these trees, bare of leaves but blanketed in snow, many times.



Tulip tree and burning bush.



Maples.  I don't notice flaws in the window glass until I get my pics on "the big screen."  The blurry stripe, about a third of the way in from the right edge, is flawed glass, not, I hasten to say, *dirty* glass........



The neighbors' bright shrub.



The old dog.  He has been in hospice mode since failing his biopsy last spring, with an issue for which they would do radiation as a treatment.  Radiation for dogs requires anesthesia, and given that it took him weeks to recover from the anesthesia he received when the biopsy was done, we decided that we'd keep him as comfortable as possible rather than doing radiation and having him be "out of it" for weeks after every treatment.

Since then, I have declined to have any of his apparent issues examined.  He has a lump on the other side of his face that is in the skin.  This lump (under his eye) is "the main issue" manifesting, I think.

The left side of his face was very flat, after the site of the abscessed upper molar he had removed last fall finally healed.  Very flat.  Several weeks ago I noticed it was not flat.  It has gone from being about as bumpy as the tooth on other side of his face, to much bigger, in just a few weeks.

It doesn't seem to bother him.  He sleeps on that side of his face.  But ... It Can't Be Good.

Sigh.



I'm still (gently) forcing him to take walks (moseys, really) around the block.  He chooses the speed, but we will go.  I don't think he has mobility difficulties that prevent him from wanting to go, and I believe the little bit of exercise is good for him.

I think that the only thing left in his consciousness is a growing obsession with eating.  He's not happy when left alone, but I suspect it's more that there's no one there to (potentially) feed him than that he's lonely........

I'm glad to have Harriet along, as we stroll.



It was rather darker than is good for taking pics, when we got home.  Both of my shoeless attempts at this leaf were blurry.  This is a big leaf!



This one about half the size of the above.  Both maples, from different trees.



Then I walked me.

Love these maple-leaf stains.  Love the layers, the depth.......  I think this would make interesting fabric......


.

No comments: