Thursday, October 16, 2014

October 9

.

On the 10th, we ran errands.

First, we rewarded ourselves with lunch.  Turkey chili, and focaccia with pesto, fresh mozzarella, and roasted red peppers.  Mmmm.  We finished with a very tasty slice of ginger cake.



Inside the building where they teach baking classes, all I could smell was butter.  I don't know what was going on in the other classroom.  Puff pastry, maybe?  Something buttery, at any rate.

This classroom is clearly being set up for more lucky students.  If they had a chalkboard, letting those of us who went into that building to get water, and wash our hands, know what they were teaching, I didn't see it.  But having one seems like a good idea to me.



Then we went to get flu shots.  The University was having a clinic at the building where most of the HR stuff goes on.  It's south of campus, almost to I-94.

Getting shot took more time than I'd thought.  We got shot by different people.  The one who shot my better half told him he should stick around for 10 minutes in case of a bad reaction.  No one has ever told us that before......  But we did it, which is one reason it took longer than I'd expected.

Here's what the sky looked like when we came out.  Looking south.



Looking east.



Looking north.



Later.  At home.  Walking.




Rat House, with more and more rats.



Sixteen rats, on just this little bit of their property.



A bit later my better half spotted this little one trundling across the sidewalk (right to left).

I think you're supposed to be able to predict the severity of the coming winter by looking at wooly-bear caterpillars like this one, but I don't know how to tell.

.

No comments: