Thursday, November 20, 2014

November 8

.

You'll remember that we admired these pink roots on November 1.  These are watermelon radishes.  Aren't they wonderful? 


(At least -- they are wonderful to look at.  Alas, they only taste like radishes.  Ok, but not special, by my way of perceiving them.)



Flavored vinegars.  I wasn't offered a taste, so I can't opine.



It was too cold to linger at the farmers' market.  We got butternut squash, russet apples, and another gallon of cider.

The 8th was a day for pie for breakfast.  This is Zingerman's Bakehouse's cranberry walnut.  It is yummy.  A bit like pecan pie, only with cranberries and walnuts instead of pecans.  Mmmmmmmm......



Later.  Walking.  A wet tulip-tree leaf.



More wet leaves.  The biggest one belonged to that new(ish) little redbud.



I'd been looking for an image that would have blue, if I pushed the saturation, and I finally got one.



Adding the watercolor filter, and cropping.....  I love the colors.  I like the green grass in the upper right, and the pointy leaf edges in the lower right.  I like the way the water droplets pick up the blue in the two leaves, and I like the redbud's golden veins.........



A few closer looks at the above image.





A closer crop of the above, losing the top/left of the above.  I couldn't decide which one I liked better......



Moving on.  Another wet redbud leaf.




While I can appreciate a black and white image, I hardly ever prefer it to color.  I'm not sure I *prefer* this one, actually, but I think perhaps it focuses my attention more on the subtle details rather than beguiling my attention with COLOR.



I really like the way we can't miss the magnifying properties of a drop of water.....



Walking on.  Always glad to see blue sky in November.............


.

No comments: