Tuesday, January 27, 2015

January 23

.

On the 23rd we made another stab at buying a kitchen-sink faucet.   The current faucet has issues besides being too old to change the washers any more (and it leaks).  One issue with the current faucet is that it is so low it can be hard to get a teakettle under it.

I mean the new faucet to be high enough to easily fill the teakettle.

I am pretty sure I picked one that can be installed with the existing sink.  And -- it's one that includes the pull-out sprayer thingie as part of the faucet.  This means height is not an issue -- if you pull out the sprayer thing, it can be as high as I could possibly need.

But.  After I got home, I thought about how much plastic was involved with getting the water from the supply into my teakettle.  The faucet I picked has plastic supply lines, AND every drop of water goes through a yard or more of plastic line from where the water temp is mixed to the place where the water comes out.

Ick.

I am afraid I will be making YET ANOTHER trip to Lowes.  And maybe to somewhere else, to see if they have different faucets!

Sigh, and argh.



While I was at Lowes, I wondered if there was a kitchen sink faucet that I actually liked, design-wise.  The answer was -- no, there wasn't.

Sigh.




There was one (1) bathroom-sink faucet that I liked.  I don't know that I would buy this, even if I were actually looking for a bathroom-sink faucet.  It is a brand I never heard of.  But I do like how it looks.................



.

No comments: