Friday, January 16, 2015

the Beckers

.

One of the albums at Granddad's is full of congratulatory cards received by his parents on the event of their 50th anniversary.

There are also some other items taped in near the end of that album.

We have no idea if Granddad's parents knew the Beckers, or if, as their own marriage reached the 50-year milestone, they were looking forward at others who had reached their 65th anniversary.  Or both.  Or neither.

We were all struck by Henry's hairstyle.  So glued-down on top, but with those two little ... protruberances ... on the sides.....  Our daughter suggested it was to match his wife's hat, sticking out on both sides, and maybe it was.  (Surely that's not some random dark thing on the wall behind him?  Who knows.)





It's clear a lot of thought went into their garments (and, no doubt, into the hairstyles).


They lived a long life together.  I hope it was very happy and fulfilling.

.

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

And I thought I had hair issues! I have to say, in all the period photos I've see, that's the first time I've seen that one!

I need orange said...

I've never seen anything like this before, either. Odd..... :-)