Wednesday, March 04, 2015

February 26

.

On the 26th, we met friends for dinner and then walked over to Hill Auditorium for the school district's orchestra night.  All of the middle schools and high schools send orchestras.  It's a wonderful opportunity for the district's musicians (some of whom are very proficient indeed) to play in a wonderful venue that is enjoyed by professional musicians from all over the world.

Once upon a time, our own daughter was one of two trumpets playing the signature portion of "The William Tell Overture" as part of the orchestra from her middle school.  Right there in Hill Auditorium.  It was one of those moments that sends chills up a parent's spine.........


This pic of a little oil lamp on a restaurant table, with the salt and pepper, was taken with the camera. 

I like the shadows on the table, and on the salt and pepper shakers.

I tried the phone, too, just to see what would happen, but the phone insisted on using flash.  I tried to get it to stop, with no success.  The phone is far too eager to do things I don't want it to be doing, alas.............  I wish it would let ME decide what I want it to do...........  Especially when I know perfectly well what I want it to do (or not do, as the case may be).  The camera flash gets on, too, sometimes, without me intending it to be on, but the phone does it far more often.  And I don't know how to make it stop (and don't want to take time to figure it out, in a busy restaurant).

.

No comments: