Thursday, March 26, 2015

March 14 -- in fond remembrance of Pi Day 3.14.15

.

Gotta have pie on Pi Day, yes?

Pi Day, at Zingerman's Next Door.  Would you like rustic apple?


Lemon chess (at right)?  Jumbleberry (at left)?



I was asked if cupcakes count as pie.  No.  No, they do not.

Tarts, like these fine lemon meringue and grapefruit examples, yes.  Cupcakes, no.  I love cheesecake (at left), but that's not pie, either.



Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  Pecan. 



I know this one is chocolate, and I think it's chocolate chess.



You know what I picked.................  Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........



It was another in a long string of unseasonably warm days.  There were plants for sale at the farmers' market!

Aren't these planters of mixed grasses nice?  What a good idea! 



Another look, with a different exposure....  Lots of variety in those pots.  Excellent...........



Wow!  I haven't seen this much color outside since last October!  Yay!  These can grow inside, now, but can't be outside in winter temperatures.  I think they are kalanchoe.



Last fall's apples, with spring's new pussy willows.

I think apple-saving technology must be improving.  We are finding that the Braeburn apples from Kapnicks are still lovely, even now.  I haven't tried these apples, which are from a different vendor.



I don't suppose I'm going to be motivated to take pics of grocery-store flowers for much longer..........



They are nice, though, aren't they?  Busch's has a nice selection of bouquets.

.

No comments: