Saturday, March 21, 2015

March 8

.

Sunrise, on a partly-cloudy day in Tree Town.




Walking in the afternoon.



Remember all those gorgeous amaryllis(es?) we saw at the botanical gardens?  Here's mine.

I bought this years ago.  It lived on my office windowsill for many years, faithfully blooming every winter.  After a few too many years of the same old soil, it quit blooming, but it still put out new leaves from time to time. 

Last year I finally put it in a new pot with new soil, and look! It's going to bloom again!  Hooray!

.

2 comments:

Arzigogolare said...

What gorgeous tree silhouettes against that early orange sun - definitely a reason to wake & greet the day! And how wonderful that your amaryllis has gathered enough energy to create new blooms...

I need orange said...

Thanks. :-)

This is the time of year when I have trouble maintaining enthusiasm about taking pictures. Too many months of the same monochromatic landscape....

In a way, that's a good thing -- I have plenty of opportunity, over the years, to assimilate the ebb and flow of inspiration. I know that I'll be more inspired as color returns to my outdoor world.

:-)