Thursday, April 02, 2015

March 22

.

Another equinoxy centered sunrise in Tree Town.  6:42 am.



7:30.  Clouds rolling in.



A trip to the paint store to think about colors.  There's nothing I like better than picking a color that appeals to me, and then choosing some friends for it.

I was startled to see what the camera remembers for this grouping.  That bright blue is NOT what I picked!  In fact, none of these colors are very close to what I picked.  I don't know how much of the difference is due to the camera, and how much is due to my monitor...............



Since these are paint chips, rather than someone's flowers, I have the originals at home.  I could put the paint chips right next to the screen, and could see if I could do a better job of displaying these colors. 

On my monitor, this is much more nearly a decent reflection of the colors I chose.  The tan is too yellow, and the oranges are not nearly vibrant enough (the ones I chose are lighter and more saturated).  But this is better than what the camera got.  At least on my screen -- who knows what they look like on any other screen!  (The pic above was taken with the samples posed on a window sill -- natural light...............)

I know that trying to represent color truly is a huge issue, both for printed color and for screens.  I don't always notice how far off what I am seeing on screen is, from what is reality, but in this case where I could hold reality in my hand and compare it -- kinda shocking how different the image on the screen was from the colors in my hand!



March 22 turned into a bright blue day -- this pic was taken through the paint store front window.  (This was the view above the window sill with those paint chips on it....)



Later.  For completeness -- sunset in Tree Town, very near the equinox.  In back (west) the sun is setting right between two houses on the other side of our block.


.

No comments: