Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June 24, the rest of the day

.

Walking to yoga.  Looking east over West Park.



Flowers in the park.




Redbud leaf.



Walking home after yoga.  Looking west.



Birdfoot trefoil.  I learned this is non-native -- introduced as a forage plant for animals, and now naturalized all over the continent.  It's pretty........



Clover.



Vetch, black-eyed Susan, and daisies.....



Looking back toward the east entrance of the park.  Eastern sky over West Park.



The nice garden on 7th street which was full of iris a few weeks ago was full of lilies on the 24th.






Walking on.  I have no idea what this is.  It looks leguminous, but the pods were big.  And looked full of air rather than seeds.......  If it were mine, I would totally have opened a pod to see what was inside!


I bet this pod was well over four inches long.  Working on six, I bet, with that long point in the upper right corner.  And over an inch wide.


.

No comments: