Monday, June 29, 2015

June 24

.

This is the beautiful garden at the end of my old block.

Lilies, and I don't know what the green stuff is.



Lilies and petunias.



Daylilies.



Lilies.





Butterfly weed.




Butterfly weed and lilies.



Lilies and poppies.



Looking down the block toward my first house.



Poppies.





Lilies and evening primroses.



Lilies.




After purchasing sugar snap peas and strawberries at the farmers' market, we went downtown to do some banking, visit the post office and get lunch.

This artist was painting in the window of the pet-supply store.  You can almost see that she has a (green) tablet in her hand, which presumably has the image of the dog she is painting.



Cute pix.




Downtown gardening.




On our way back to the car after lunch, we walked by the Kingsley Street side of the Deli.  I'd never seen this map of the various Zingerman's businesses before.  I like it!  As with much of Zingerman's long-term signage, it's 3D.  Words are cut out of wood, as are (in this case) buildings.....  I like the way they've edited the navigation info down to the minimum that will get the job done.  Very nice.




.

No comments: