Tuesday, July 28, 2015

July 22 -- morning

.

The farmers' market is open on Wednesdays, from April through December.  We had to park farther away than usual.

The lawn extension of the house on the corner across from my first house has currants and raspberries.  I love this sign....  The only currants we saw were in the middle of the patch.  I didn't like to walk in there to try a currant or two.

The people who lived in that house back in the early 1980s gave me two old ladders.  I guess the people who live there now are generous, too.



Coneflower.  Another in our study of "flowers" that are really an aggregation of tiny flowers.






A few old-fashioned daylilies were still blooming at my first house on the 22nd.



One of the vendors at the farmers' market has been selling these enormous daturas.  I am pretty sure these can't survive the winter in Ann Arbor.  That is one BIG houseplant.........



The flowers are 8-10" long.  Or so.



We got cherries, blueberries, black raspberries, green beans (two kinds -- regular and Italian), and cucumbers.  Mmmmmm!


The beautiful garden at the other end of my old block.  Phlox and lilies and daylilies, mostly.



With primroses and bachelor buttons.




Looking down toward my old house.



Phlox above, daylilies in the middle, petunias bottom right.




This curb belongs to the yellow house where people give away currants and ladders.




What a nice day!  So many nice days this summer!!



Harvest!  My better half decided to grow tomatoes in buckets, and the first tomato was ready to eat on the 22nd.  That one in the upper left.......





It was yummy.



The stem looks like it's doing a happy dance.


.

No comments: