Wednesday, August 05, 2015

July 29 -- walking to yoga

.

It had rained, earlier in the afternoon, but there was lots of blue sky as I left the house. 

Looking straight up.



Hooray for big old trees in established neighborhoods.



I did not arrange this.  The leaf is a portent of things to come, arranged on the sidewalk within the curve of the name of the company which poured that section of sidewalk.



Oh dear.  This was a big old locust tree.  Perhaps the biggest one I know of.  It was clearly failing.  Many (very large) dead branches.  I knew it needed to come down.  But it's still sad when it does.



Do people make things out of locust wood?  This cross section is very attractive........  I like the colors.....

Walking on.




Shiny bicycle-handlebar streamers on a wet old wooden picnic table.



Looking east over West Park.



Various sorts of black-eyed yellow flowers, and monarda.




Looking north.



No ducks, as I walked over the pond.  But it started to rain.  I noticed it first as ripples on the pond.

It rained harder and harder.  I hate arriving at yoga all wet....  I looked around.  the sky was dark overhead, but it was blue in the west.

I decided to stand under this crab-apple tree and wait for a minute or two.  (There was no thunder.  Just rain.)

Looking west.



It rained right down for a couple of minutes.




Close crop of the above, so you can really see the rain.........


The rain stopped after two or three minutes, and I went on to yoga.  Damp, but not wet.

.

3 comments:

thecrazysheeplady said...

I love sheltering under a good tree when it's raining :-).

I need orange said...

Yes indeed. These are among the biggest crab apple trees I know of. :-) They feed a LOT of robins, in the wintertime.......

Jeanie said...

Nice find with that perfectly fallen leaf! You have a glorious walk to yoga!