Thursday, September 03, 2015

August 15 -- more fishes

.

I have been talking about working hard to get clear pics.  This particular fish was spectacular.  I don't remember that it was moving especially fast, but maybe it was..........  In any case, the camera just could not focus on it.





The colors!  The way the ends of the fins all go purple..............



Here's a quieter fish.  So much going on, but not so much color.  Stiff body; transparent fins....  Spikes?  I wonder if this one puffs up when alarmed. I'm not aware of flat-ish fishes doing that, but what do I know?

So many improbable things in the sea!  My perspicacious better half notes that things in the sea have had a lot longer to evolve into ... whatever ... than we earth-walkers have had..........



The purple thing in this next image is a fish, I am pretty sure.  I'm also pretty sure that the bowl-shaped yellow things in front, and the ... tentacly-y ... yellowish thing in the middle/background are animals (but not fish).



You couldn't make this up.  This black blorp is a fish.  we are looking at its left side.  Its left eye is the bulge near the left side of the image.  This one was not active.  It just sat there.  It seemed to be using its bottom fins as though they were paws.  Resting on them. 



A close look at the lavender bottom of one of the paw/fins.  It is resting against the glass.  Doesn't it look like it has 8 or 9 toes?  This is a rear fin.  You can also see a front fin, with its white edge and proto-toe edge, in the bottom left corner.



I bet this is coral.  I think we are looking at the mineral part,not the lively-animal bits.  This color is just as the camera and I recall it.  !!!


In the "you couldn't make this up" department -- plaid fish.



It occurred to me when looking at this tank that we had seen hardly any plants at the Aquarium.  Lots and lots of strange animals of various kinds, but plants?  I believe the green "leafy" stuff in this tank is plants.  I wish I knew what the big creamy yellow thing in the middle is!



Mostly animals, of many kinds, with some plants.



This is another tank that I could sit in front of for hours and hours...........






See the little fish in the anemone?


Teeny weeny starfish on the glass.  It was about half an inch across.  I wish I'd paid more attention to that that great big thing is, behind it!  Its edges look a lot like the "tube feet" on the bottom of a grown-up starfish....  I was so focused on the teeny baby starfish that I never looked at that bigger thing.





.

No comments: