Wednesday, October 28, 2015

October 14

.

My brother and sister-in-law have moved since I was in Kansas in 2014.  Their nice new house is very close to this nice big park.

On the morning of the 14th, I was home alone.  I took myself for a walk.  I'm not sure this park is bigger than West Park (though it may be).  I am sure the pond is significantly larger.  Four or five times larger, at a guess.



A closer look at the fountain.



And from another angle, along the side of the pond.



Now this is a park that has everything!  Even a little free library!



The color was very nice, in the neighborhood.




I went over to my parents' place for lunch, and then my dad and I spent some time sorting and arranging pictures.  On a very coarse granularity -- we were trying to put images from like decades together (and "pre-1950" is the earliest category.  We did not open boxes or envelopes, but took at face value the labels on those boxes and envelopes.

I think we made a difference at moving pics from less safe locations to safer locations, as well as getting them sorted a bit more.



I did not see the original of this next image in the pics we moved around.  My sister put together a digital slide show of pics in honor of Dad's birthday, and this was one of the early ones.  The estimate is that this is from 1940, when he would have been 15.
I need to go and spend some significant time scanning pics at high resolution.  Some day.

.

No comments: