Thursday, October 08, 2015

October 3

.

We went to the Michigan State Fair many times, while there still was a Michigan State Fair.

One of my favorite competition categories, in the produce section, was "warted gourds." Here are a selection of very interesting warted gourds.    Some of them have wings, as well as warts.....




I see more different kinds of pumpkins every year.  Love how they look in a varied group.....


The flat tan ones remind me of the ones being sold in slices in French farmers' markets.  The French ones had extremely orange flesh.  I wonder about these............



A closer look.  A couple of the "flat tan" ones I was talking about, in the upper right corner.



Pumpkin vines have tendrils, and will try to climb, if given the opportunity.  They may even succeed, if the have only a few small pumpkins, or the pumpkins are given extra support by helpful persons.




Love the colors...


.

No comments: