Tuesday, February 02, 2016

January 29

.

Hey -- this is my very first animated gif!  Yay!

My better half was sitting on the couch, in the sun, reading.  Our library puts thin stiff-ish plastic over the dust jackets of hard-cover books, and then puts the jackets back on the books.

The plastic really reflects the sun, and does so in more interesting patterns than I would predict, given how relatively flat it is..........

You can see that his index finger is moving up and down, and I believe that is most of what made the shapes of the reflection change.



I love reflections, and shadows, and would love to work with them, but do not want to use any fossil fuels to generate light.

Any way I can use sunlight to make reflections (or shadows) -- I am eager to play with it.

Here's my first art project with reflected light on the ceiling and wall.

Both light bunches are the result of library books sitting in the sunshine.  I positioned the shapes on the wall and on the ceiling, but had nothing to do with the shapes of the bunches.

I like it!



My better half patiently waited while I fussed with library books, tilting them and shifting them, until I had both light bunches placed where I wanted them.

Then we went to Zingerman's Bakehouse for lunch.

They were all set up to teach a class.  Looking at the set-up, I guessed flour, water, olive oil.....

Someone else who was looking in through the window looked like she might be taking the class, so I asked.  Yes, she was, and it was pizza class.  I bet they had a lot of fun.

In this next image, you can see the mirror over the teacher's table, so you can see what s/he's doing without having to stand right there.  Isn't it clever how they've made a really big table, with a slot down the middle, so an instructor can go down into the middle of the table?



We had peanut soup for lunch.  Mmmmmmmmmmmm.  !!!  You get bread with your soup.  We picked sesame semolina.  It's good.  Yum.



After lunch, we went to the library, and then to the grocery.  Hooray for grocery-store flowers in the dead of winter!



.

No comments: