Tuesday, May 31, 2016

May 25 -- delicious end to a good day

.

Our daughter was out of town for her birthday.  After the Smell & Tell on the 25th we went over to her place for cake.

I'll use the fact that it was past my bedtime to excuse myself for taking no pictures............

This pic was taken in March of 2007, shortly after I got my first carry-everywhere camera.  It's the same recipe, but a different cake, in a different place, from a different time than the cake we enjoyed on the 25th. 

Delicious, then, and now.  Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........................

Happy Birthday! 



I have mentioned in the past that our daughter has taken up furniture making.  This table is her latest effort.  Isn't it beautiful?  The chairs were purchased individually, and painted to match each other and the table's legs.

On the 25th we sat in these chairs and ate cake off this table. 

Hooray for learning new things, and putting that new knowledge to good use!  (As I said earlier, I took no pictures while we were there.  This is my daughter's image.)





And now for something completely different.....

I searched backward in time for a pic of a slice of our chocolate birthday cake.  I had to go all the way back to March of 2007 to find one.

In the same subdirectory as the slice of cake above were several pics of our daughter, home from college on spring break.  Most of them included Wilbur Gilburt, who wasn't much of a belly-up kind of guy, but who could be inveigled, in the right arms............................

He was a good dog.

.

No comments: